Canmore Public Library
700 Railway Avenue
Canmore, Alberta T1W 1P4
Proof of residency and photo ID required for all memberships. Payment by cash or cheque only.
Bring your library card with you when you visit the library. If you forget staff will accept alternate ID, but remembering your library card is the best option.
You can renew items in person, by phone or online at www.tracpac.ab.ca .
- Helpful knowledgeable staff
- Reading software for the visually impaired
- Items loaned from other libraries
- Online and telephone renewals of library items
- Public internet access and word processing
- Storytime and other programs for children
- Exhibit space for local artists
- Meeting room and quiet study area
- Exam proctoring
- Support for the Bow Valley Literacy Program
Marigold library system & TRAC
Canmore Public Library is a member of the Marigold Library System, The Regional Automation Consortium (TRAC) and The Alberta Library (TAL).
Membership of these organisations allows members to use other libraries across the province at no additional cost. Borrowing restrictions do apply to temporary and non-resident members.
TRACpac is the shared online catalogue that gives library members access to nearly 3 million items, including download of ebooks, access to special collections etc.
The library has 10 computers with internet access, which are available for public use. You do not need membership of the library to use this service, but all children under 15 need a signed parental permission slip for their use.
You can book 30 minute appointments up to one week in advance. Printing costs 25 cents per page. Wireless access is also available.
Friends of the Canmore Library
This is a voluteer organisation and people of all ages and interests who believe in the importance of a strong and vibrant community library can join.
With the chance to meet interesting people Friends of the library also have the personal satisfaction of knowing that they are making a difference in their library.
- Support the library and advocate on its behalf
- Raise funds for identified needs beyond the scope of the Library's budget
- Organise book sales
- Host a Speakers Series covering topics of interest to local residents
Annual fees are $5 per person of $10 per family. Membership can be purchased at the Canmore Public Library.